RHBA-2011:1071 - Bug Fix Advisory
lvm2 bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated lvm2 package that fixes a number of bugs and adds various
enhancements is now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.
The lvm2 package contains support for Logical Volume Management (LVM).
These updated lvm2 packages include a number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Space precludes documenting all of these changes in this advisory. Refer to the
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.7 Technical Notes for information about these
All lvm2 users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which
provide a number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use the Red
Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 189462 - Request for automatic umount of full snapshots
- BZ - 213942 - super long char names can confuse lvm
- BZ - 427298 - automatically extend nearly-full snapshots through dmeventd
- BZ - 433768 - [RFE] mirror allocation policies for multiple storage systems
- BZ - 640051 - mirror leg down conversion during log up conversion leads to issues when specifying devs to be removed
- BZ - 640101 - mirror leg allocation fails when 1/3 legs is failed along with 1/2 logs
- BZ - 643500 - lvm could report Internal error: Maps lock for some operation
- BZ - 644079 - allocate log fault policy doesn't work for redundant mirrored logs losing one device
- BZ - 644578 - slow performance of lvm2 commands with a failed PV
- BZ - 651590 - failure to lock LV results in failure to repair mirror after transient error
- BZ - 653643 - vgextend --restoremissing "passes" when just one of the multiple devices attempted works
- BZ - 656394 - non root user can no longer view lvm devices
- BZ - 659264 - pvmove(8) has too few examples
- BZ - 667174 - lvcreate --test reports error that appears that test failed
- BZ - 671459 - Setting up Logical Volume Management: File-based locking initialisation failed.
- BZ - 672816 - LVM2: lvs output is missing an existing lv
- BZ - 673083 - LVM: Run-Time Regression for LVM commands in RHEL5.6.
- BZ - 680961 - Upgrade lvm2 to 2.02.84 version
- BZ - 697959 - vgimportclone fails because lvm query commands (pvs, pvdisplay) fail to report vgname when given cloned PV
- BZ - 709388 - enforcing MLS: lvmdump causes AVCs
- BZ - 710618 - mirrored stripe volume gets corrupted when reduce only alters one leg
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 5