RHBA-2011:0003 - Bug Fix Advisory
redhat-ds-base bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated redhat-ds-base package (the base Red Hat Directory Server
package) is now available. This updated package fixes a number of bugs in
Red Hat Directory Server is an LDAPv3-compliant directory server. The
redhat-ds-base package includes the LDAP server and command-line utilities
for server administration.
Bugs fixed in this updated package include:
- The DN normalization routines could possibly dereference a NULL pointer.
- A DN with multi-valued RDNs could be incorrectly normalized if it
contained an escaped '+' character. (BZ#640027)
- The DN normalization routines would normalize non-DN attributes used in
the RDN as if they contained a DN value. This resulted in incorrectly
normalized values. (BZ#641944)
Users should upgrade to this updated package, which resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains
the desired RPMs.
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Directory Server 8 x86_64
- Red Hat Directory Server 8 i386
- BZ - 614511 - fix coverity Defect Type: Null pointer dereferences issues 11846 - 11891
- BZ - 640027 - Naming attribute with a special char sequence parsing bug
- BZ - 663597 - massive memory leak in 220.127.116.11
Red Hat Directory Server 8