RHBA-2009:1050 - Bug Fix Advisory
Fence bug-fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated fence packages that fix several bugs and add several
enhancements are now available.
The fence packages allow failed or unreachable nodes to be forcibly
restarted and removed from a cluster.
This update applies the following bug fixes:
- fence_ipmilan now properly handles punctuation in the password.
- fence_ipmilan no longer blocks alternative fencing agents when
connectivity to IPMI fails.
- fence_apc now properly understands the outletStatusOff status.
- The rps-10 fence agent now performs the default reboot action when run.
- fence_apc is now able to properly connect to the APC 7900.
- service scsi_reserve restart now works properly.
This updated adds the following enhancements:
- Support for ePowerSwitch devices has been added.
- Support for Power PC HMC fencing has been added.
- ssh support has been added for several fence agents.
All fence users are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which
resolves these issues and adds this enhancement.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) 4 i386
- BZ - 237266 - ask for a fence script for Power server's HMC
- BZ - 409381 - fence_scsi: service scsi_reserve restart not present.
- BZ - 445926 - RFE: Feature request for ssh capabilities in fence_drac script
- BZ - 445929 - [FEAT] Provide ssh version of ILO fencing agent.
- BZ - 445931 - GFS: Allow fence_egenera to specify ssh login name
- BZ - 447378 - fence_apc unable to connect via ssh to APC 7900 Switched Rack PDU
- BZ - 448822 - New fence_ilo script doesn't work on iLO 2 1.43
- BZ - 448947 - fence_wti is unable to connect to fencing device
- BZ - 460288 - new fence agents man page needs update
- BZ - 466788 - Fencing support for Dell M1000e CMC
- BZ - 468051 - [CRM#1863202][RFE] Support for ePowerSwitch devices
- BZ - 472369 - fence_ipmilan does not handle punctuation in password
- BZ - 472370 - fence_impilan blocks alternative fencing agents when connectivity to IPMI fails.
- BZ - 472371 - -i <ipaddr> IPMI Lan IP to talk to (deprecated, use -i)
- BZ - 472885 - rps-10 fence agent does not perform default reboot action
- BZ - 484910 - fence_apc_snmp: invalid status outletStatusOff
- BZ - 485065 - fence_lpar doesn't work with hmc version 3
- BZ - 489670 - Exceptions in fencing agents
This erratum does not contain any packages.