RHBA-2008:0407 - Bug Fix Advisory
conga bug fix and enhancement update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated conga packages that fix several bugs and add enhancements are now
The conga packages contain a web-based administration tool for remote
cluster and storage management.
These updated packages fix the following bugs:
- nodes were rebooted when creating a new cluster. As well, nodes were
rebooted when added to an existing cluster. Cluster nodes are no longer
- conga did not set the the "nodename" attribute for manual fencing,
resulting in manual fencing being non-functional.
- there were no time outs, causing Conga to hang with a "Please be patient
- this cluster's configuration is being modified" message. To prevent tasks
blocking all operations on the cluster or host, users are now given the
option to proceed while waiting for tasks to finish.
- the space character was not accepted for fence-device passwords in
- clusters and storage systems were cascaded on the luci "Manage Systems
and Clusters" page, in the "Remove clusters and systems" box.
- when adding systems to an existing cluster, users had to enter the system
password multiple times.
- removing a node from a cluster did not remove the corresponding fence
- if the "trust" box was not selected when adding a cluster to the luci
homebase, errors such as "* You must either trust [system-name] or remove
- the luci "File System Resource Configuration" page did not reflect the
settings in "cluster.conf".
- the "details" link, which provided no extra information, has been
- "luci_admin init" asked for a user password, and if luci was running,
"luci_admin init" crashed. Now, the "luci_admin" tool checks if Conga is
running, and if it is, prints a warning, before attempting any operations.
- when Conga restarted the cluster services, cluster service init scripts
were enabled, even if they were disabled.
- the cluster restart operation was not handled correctly, causing nodes
to stop, services to fail, or get stuck in a loop.
- when adding a new instance for a node that uses dual power fencing,
Conga failed to produce the correct fencing configuration.
- conga used the FQDN, instead of the node name in "cluster.conf", causing
"fence_node" to fail if a mismatch occurred.
- probing storage using luci and the Mozilla Firefox 2 Web browser, on
Microsoft Windows XP, appeared to never finish, when in fact it had.
- when configuring an IP address resource, it was not possible to enter a
FQDN. Now, only IP addresses are allowed.
As well, these updated packages add the following enhancements:
- the graphical view is now the default view for partition tables.
- users can now set the "__independent_subtree" attribute for portions of
cluster services, allowing resources and their dependencies to be
restarted, instead of the whole service.
- clearer instructions are now given when accessing Conga, prior to
running "luci_admin init" to initialize the environment.
- the "self_fence" attribute can now be set for clusterfs cluster
- the Conga web interface now supports Microsoft Internet Explorer, and
Mozilla Firefox, running on Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows
- a Sybase failover resource agent has been added.
- users can now configure whether a service will be failed-back or not.
- users can now choose between "live" and "paused" migrations for virtual
machines. The default migration policy is now "live".
- the luci minimum password length has been increased to 6 characters.
- users are now automatically logged out after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- when clustered storage packages are installed, the lvm2-cluster and GFS
packages are also installed.
Users of conga are advised to upgrade to these updated packages, which
resolve these issues and add these enhancements.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 5 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 5 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 5 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) from RHUI 5 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) from RHUI 5 i386
- BZ - 230462 - RFE: Only reboot installation target machines when needed
- BZ - 238655 - conga does not set the "nodename" attribute for manual fencing
- BZ - 239387 - RFE: add timeouts for actions that can leave cluster unreachable
- BZ - 249097 - allow a space as a valid password char
- BZ - 249619 - luci "Manage Systems and Clusters" display of clusters and storage systems is cascaded
- BZ - 252348 - RFE: should only have to enter a system's password once
- BZ - 253223 - When deleting a node from conga, the fence device isn't deleted
- BZ - 253720 - "trust" box shouldn't be an option if it is required
- BZ - 253727 - RFE: graphical view should be default in partiton tables view
- BZ - 253842 - luci ignores File System Resource Configuration
- BZ - 253879 - RFE: drop the link/details column in the resource section table
- BZ - 264161 - RFE: support setting the "__independent_subtree" attribute on cluster resources
- BZ - 277661 - RFE: Better instructions on the luci login page if luci_admin not run.
- BZ - 277711 - RFE: luci_admin should check that luci is running before asking for the password
- BZ - 295771 - RFE: add ability to set self_fence attribute for clusterfs resources
- BZ - 301411 - conga shouldn't turn on init scripts if the user turned them off
- BZ - 304931 - Rich Sybase resource agent configuration support
- BZ - 315631 - conga doesn't handle the cluster restart operation properly
- BZ - 317261 - Check for dual power fencing fails when adding new fence instances
- BZ - 320411 - conga should use the node name in cluster.conf and not FQDN for fencing
- BZ - 337041 - Add option to not fail-back service
- BZ - 340111 - Storage redirection after probe does not work on WinXP with FF2
- BZ - 358641 - Add Conga support for Oracle Resource Agent
- BZ - 383071 - Virtual machine configuration - add field for "migration type" xml attr = "migrate"
- BZ - 429151 - [RFE] Luci: increase min password length to 6 characters
- BZ - 429152 - [RFE] add inactivity timeout
- BZ - 431105 - IP Address Resource configuration: cannot enter fully qualified hostname
- BZ - 432533 - Do not attempt to install the cmirror package when shared storage is requested
- BZ - 437398 - When Luci session times out a re-login is thought to be a logout.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 5
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability (for RHEL Server) from RHUI 5