RHBA-2007:0998 - Bug Fix Advisory
GFS-kernel bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS-kernel packages that fix various bugs and module loading issues
are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.6, kernel release
The GFS-kernel packages contain modules that provide the ability to mount
and use GFS file systems.
These updated packages fix the following bugs:
- in certain situations a kernel panic could occur due to an extra
Distributed Lock Manager (DLM) completion callback. The following error
may have been logged:
lock_dlm: extra completion 2,8ebf69b 2,5 id bd03cf flags 0
This has been resolved in these updated packages.
- the GFS "max_readahead" setting now works correctly.
- gfs_ondisk.h has been updated, allowing the building of user level
programs using the GFS libraries.
- when trimming the glock count glocks were not correctly released. In
these updated packages glocks are correctly released, improving
- in certain situations a kernel panic could occur due to GFS corrupting
its inode cache.
As well, these updated GFS-kernel packages are in sync with the latest
kernel (2.6.9-67.EL). The modules in earlier GFS-kernel packages failed to
load because they did not match the running kernel. It was possible to
force load the modules; however, with this update, users no longer need
Users are advised to upgrade to these latest GFS-kernel packages, which
are updated for use with the 2.6.9-67.EL kernel.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ppc
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 176838 - extra dlm completion callback during d_rwrandirectlarge
- BZ - 230803 - Fix GFS readahead setting
- BZ - 239523 - GFS user land progam compiling fails in gfs_ondisk.h
- BZ - 242720 - GFS panic due to inode cache corruption
- BZ - 245776 - Purge count math is not correct in glock trimming patch
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4