RHBA-2007:0566 - Bug Fix Advisory
tcp_wrappers bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated tcp_wrappers packages that fix several bugs are now available.
The tcp_wrappers package provides small daemon programs which can monitor
and filter incoming requests for systat, finger, FTP, telnet, rlogin, rsh,
exec, tftp, talk and other network services. It also contains the libwrap
library that adds the same filtering capabilities to programs linked
against it, like sshd etc.
This update brings the following changes:
- localhost and localhost.localdomain are treated as equivalent when
comparing the client hostname and the list of allowed and denied hostnames.
- the behavior of signal handling when the "spawn" option is used has been
changed to be transparent to the application using the library.
These fixes correct the behavior of certain applications, including vsftpd.
Users should upgrade to this updated package, which resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. Details on how to use
the Red Hat Network to apply this update are available at
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 4 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 4 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4 ppc
- BZ - 196326 - IPv6: bad interaction between tcp_wrappers and DNS, vsftpd
- BZ - 241356 - allowed vsftp session hangs when tcp wrappers spawn is used
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 4