RHBA-2007:0149 - Bug Fix Advisory
rgmanager bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated rgmanager packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The rgmanager package contains the Red Hat Resource Group Manager, which
provides high availability of critical server applications in the event of
planned or unplanned system downtime.
This update applies the following bug fixes:
- In some cases certain cluster services could get stuck in the "stopping"
- clushutdown man page has been removed
- A bug was fixed which caused clusvcadm to hang if a node processing a
- A bug was fixed which could cause a failed service to be stuck in a state
that would not allow the user to enable or disable it.
- rgmanager now stops resources in the order specified by the cluster.conf file
- rgmanager now has improved debugging information
- A bug was fixed which caused 'clustat -x' to fail to include group
- It is now possible to start a service on the cluster based in the
failover domain priority.
- A bug was fixed which caused rgmanager to hang in certain cases
after being fenced.
- A bug was fixed which caused rgmanager to timeout when getting a
service list via clustat.
- A bug was fixed which caused an "Invalid state 117" error after failing
- clustat now returns useful exit codes
- The rgmanager init script now displays an appropriate message when
rgmanager fails to startup.
- A bug was fixed which caused a VIP to be started only if it was added on
the node in the same domain as the VIP.
- clustat -x no longer segfaults if rgmanager is not running
Users are advised to upgrade to these updated rgmanager packages, which
resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 146924 - clustat -x segfaults if rgmanager is not running
- BZ - 192117 - service only starts if added on the node for which it is default
- BZ - 193603 - rgmanager init script should fail it it can't start
- BZ - 201396 - clusvcadm hangs if node processing request dies
- BZ - 202637 - better error reporting from rgmanager is needed to debug restarts/failovers
- BZ - 207144 - rgmanager stuck in join/update state (cause: I/O wait on stdout/err)
- BZ - 208011 - disabling a service does not put it into the disabled state
- BZ - 210455 - clustat always returns with exit code 0
- BZ - 210482 - RFE: flag for clusvcadm to respect failover domain priorities
- BZ - 212110 - Fail over fails when unmounting fails on active node
- BZ - 212121 - rgmanager stops the resources in wrong order
- BZ - 212634 - rgmanager times out when using clustat
- BZ - 227507 - clustat -x missing group information
- BZ - 228823 - service permanently at stopping state
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4