RHBA-2007:0142 - Bug Fix Advisory
GFS-kernel bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS-kernel packages that fix module loading issues are now
available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Update 5, kernel release
The GFS-kernel package contains modules that provide the ability to mount
and use GFS file systems.
This update applies the following fixes:
- A bug which caused a kernel panic when dlm_unlock was called on a lock
that was already unlocked has been fixed.
- The default value for the lock_dlm drop_locks value was increased from
50,000 to 200,000 to improve performance.
- A bug was fixed which caused df and ls to hang on a GFS file system.
- glock_purge and demote_secs variables were added to the gfs_tool command
to help improve performance in certain cases
- Loopback devices can now be based on files on GFS file systems.
- A bug was fixed which caused an error when two nodes rename two files to
the same name.
- A bug was fixed which caused gfs_quota to appear to hang.
- A bug was fixed which caused files to not appear when exporting a GFS
file system over NFS.
- A bug was fixed which caused laio data corruption during sequential
- The speed of a statfs (df) was improved on GFS file systems.
These updated GFS-kernel packages are in sync with the latest kernel
(2.6.9-55.EL). The modules in earlier GFS-kernel packages failed to load
because they did not match the running kernel. It was possible to force
load the modules; however, with this update, users no longer need to.
Users are advised to upgrade to these latest GFS-kernel packages, which
are updated for use with the 2.6.9-55.EL kernel.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 164499 - Unable to mount loopback images from mounted GFS partition
- BZ - 190475 - error when two nodes rename two files to same new name
- BZ - 190756 - gfs knows of directories which it chooses not to display
- BZ - 199984 - gfs_statfs performance issue
- BZ - 210362 - gfs_quota hangs in do_list()
- BZ - 214239 - GFS performance issue - trimming glock
- BZ - 216209 - laio data corruption during sequential direct IO
- BZ - 218795 - default drop_count value is too low
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4