RHBA-2007:0139 - Bug Fix Advisory
GFS bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The GFS packages provide the user-level tools necessary to mount and use
The following fixes are included with this update:
- A bug was fixed which caused fsck to run much slower than past versions.
- A bug was fixed which caused fsck to use all available memory and then
- fsck now has more consistent logging.
- Various fsck changes to improve performance on large file systems and
prevent fsck hangs.
- A bug was fixed within gfs_quota which would cause it to take long
periods of time to report information.
- A bug was fixed in gfs_tool which caused gfs_tool to not report counters
when the system was under heavy load.
- The noquota mount option is now available to disable quotas at mount time.
All users of GFS should upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 200883 - gfs_fsck seg faults
- BZ - 208836 - fatal: invalid metadata block
- BZ - 210362 - gfs_quota hangs in do_list()
- BZ - 222748 - gfs_grow gets the rgindex out of order
- BZ - 223493 - gfs_fsck runs slower than previous versions
- BZ - 229461 - gfs_tool fails to report counters
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4