RHBA-2006:0560 - Bug Fix Advisory
GFS bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The GFS packages provide the user-level tools necessary to mount and use
The following GFS bug fixes are applied by this update:
- A bug which caused gfs_fsck to crash when it encountered some extended
attribute errors was fixed.
- A bug which prevented gfs_fsck to check a 6.1TB filesystem was fixed.
All users of GFS should upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 179069 - gfs_fsck unable to fix file system
- BZ - 186125 - gfs_fsck on GFS 6.1 leaves volume in an unmountable state
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 4