RHBA-2006:0410 - Bug Fix Advisory
XFree86 bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated XFree86 packages, which resolve a number of reported issues, are
XFree86 is an implementation of the X Window System, which provides the
core functionality of the desktop.
The following issues have been addressed in this update:
- - a workaround for an issue which occurs on Dell servers with DRAC4
- - a memory leak in the "vesa" video driver.
- - a crash that occurred with particular Matrox video hardware while
using the "vesa" video driver
- - support has been added to the "mga" video driver for Matrox G200SE
- - a limitation in the number of simultaneously open file descriptors
has been removed from libX11
- - an issue in libX11 which could cause java applications and potentially
other applications to hang
- - XKB support regression in the Xnest X server
- - a bandwidth related issue that affected ATI ES1000 (RN50) video hardware
- - the font packages have had their dependency information updated to
include all of the dependencies required by the font package rpm
installation scripts. This prevents uninstallation issues in
- - xkbdata support added for Sun Type6 keyboards
Users impacted by these issues should update to these updated packages.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 167336 - Virtual desktop when incomplete DDC information is received.
- BZ - 172090 - Memory leak in the vesa driver
- BZ - 182093 - Font packages have missing and incorrect PreReq dependencies
- BZ - 183388 - Matrox Driver Integration to RedHat Distribution
- BZ - 189927 - Video mode is too high for the ES1000 video ASIC (RN50)
This erratum does not contain any packages.