RHBA-2005:738 - Bug Fix Advisory
rgmanager bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated rgmanager package that fixes various bugs is now available.
The rgmanager utility provides services to a Linux cluster.
The following issues have been discovered and addressed in this update:
- rgmanager no longer attempts to start services that do not exist.
- A bug was found which caused shared NFS client resources to not get
status monitor run against them if they are referenced multiple times.
- A bug was found which would cause rgmanager to segfault with certain
configuration files using inheritance.
- A bug was found which would cause ip.sh to ignore the SLAVE flag when
looking for interfaces.
- The monitor_link flag now defaults to "yes" or "1", when previously it
defaulted to "no" or "0" and ignored "1".
All users of rgmanager should upgrade to this updated package, which
resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4 i386
- BZ - 157327 - ip.sh ignores SLAVE flag when looking for interfaces
- BZ - 159767 - service operations on non-existent services are processed anyway
- BZ - 162824 - Shared nfsclient references by multiple filesystems don't get monitored
- BZ - 162936 - rgmanager segfaults with certain configurations using inheritance
- BZ - 163651 - ip.sh's monitor_link is improperly handled
Red Hat Enterprise Linux High Availability for x86_64 4