RHBA-2005:712 - Bug Fix Advisory
up2date bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated up2date packages that fix various bugs are now available.
The Red Hat Update Agent that automatically queries the Red Hat
Network servers and determines which packages need to be updated on
The following bugs have been fixed:
- up2date now has more information about the architecture of packages for
- up2date improperly exchanged client capability information with the
- up2date failed to execute package removals scheduled as actions
- up2date raised errors on firstboot due to capability information exchange
- up2date string translations were out of date
- up2date incorrectly solved package depenecies, particularly in cases
involving multiple architectures
- up2date printed out unneeded warnings including "Invalid group id server-cfg"
- up2date terminated the entire transaction on RPMCALLBACK_UNPACK_ERROR,
leaving rpmdb in an undefined state
- rhn_register failed if proxy username began at '0'
- up2date performed some actions when run with the --dry-run option
- up2date did not properly update bootloader information on AMD64 or Intel
- up2date reported some package conflict errors as dependency errors
All users of up2date are advised to upgrade to these updated packages,
which resolve these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 125790 - client needs to use registration.delta_packages or something
- BZ - 127441 - up2date reports 'conflicts' dep as a 'requires' dep
- BZ - 129048 - new up2date gives 'Invalid group id server-cfg' error
- BZ - 137812 - up2date terminates entire transaction on RPMCALLBACK_UNPACK_ERROR leaving rpmdb in undefined state
- BZ - 141352 - RHN Sat traceback registration.remaining_subscriptions invalid
- BZ - 142767 - up2date.solveDependencies needs to include the arch of the packages that solve the dep
- BZ - 149444 - up2date --dry-run --upgrade-to-release changes registered base channel
- BZ - 149472 - upgrade rpm on x86_64 - up2date 4.2.57-2 'unresolvable chain of dependencies'
- BZ - 149913 - up2date does not set the default in grub.conf to the updated kernel on ia32e system
- BZ - 153291 - RHEL-3 up2date creates rpm -v clutter
- BZ - 155379 - error message in validate_user_password seems incorrect
- BZ - 165997 - cannot marshal None unless allow_none is enabled
- BZ - 166868 - fatal python error when using unauthenticated http proxy to install package
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3