RHBA-2005:533 - Bug Fix Advisory
amanda bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated amanda packages that fix a number of bugs are now avaliable.
Amanda is a network-capable tape backup solution.
These updated packages for amanda fix three bugs:
- smbclient support was not properly enabled. When it was enabled, amanda
did not recognize the output from the samba-3.0 smbclient. (bz#113888)
- The chg-manual script contained a syntax error that rendered it unusable.
- amverifyrun contained a logic error that made it verify the wrong tapes
when it was used with a tape-changer (bz#144052)
Users of amanda should upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
This update is available via Red Hat Network. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 135958 - chg-manual shell script has syntax error
- BZ - 144052 - amverifyrun sometimes verifies the wrong tapes
This erratum does not contain any packages.