RHBA-2005:292 - Bug Fix Advisory
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated samba packages that fix various bugs are now available.
Samba provides file and printer sharing services to SMB/CIFS clients.
This update addresses the following issues:
- - Fixed a bug that prevented printed jobs from remaining in the Windows
print queue indefinitely.
- - Fixed a bug in the samba-swat utility that corrupted certain parameter
lists that contained quoted spaces, for example,
valid users = "@Domain Users"
All users of samba should upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc