RHBA-2005:147 - Bug Fix Advisory
rpm bug fix update
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated RPM packages that address various bugs are now available.
The RPM Package Manager (RPM) is a powerful command line driven package
management system capable of installing, uninstalling, verifying, querying,
and updating software packages. Each software package consists of an
archive of files along with information about the package like its version,
a description, etc.
The following issues have been addressed:
- - Signature checking over HTTP/FTP returned false negatives for some
packages when queried using RPM.
- - Previously, ldconfig used %post optimization, which caused errors with
- - The rpmbuild command now uses internal glob to preserve behavior that
changed with a glibc fix.
- - The encoding of the ja man pages has been corrected.
All users of rpm should upgrade to these updated packages, which resolve
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 101603 - LTC3765-RPM problems running under LinuxThreads
- BZ - 134362 - patterns in %files list no longer match dangling symlinks
- BZ - 138716 - signature verification via http broken after upgrade from U1 to U2
This erratum does not contain any packages.