RHBA-2004:659 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS packages
Bug Fix Advisory
Updated GFS packages that resolve module loading issues and other various
bugs are now available for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 Update 3, kernel
The Red Hat Global File System (GFS) provides high availability of critical
server applications in the event of planned or unplanned system downtime.
These updated GFS packages are in sync with the latest kernel
(2.4.21-20.0.1.EL). The modules in earlier GFS packages fail to load because
they do not match the running kernel. It is possible to force load the
modules; however, this update alleviates users from having to do so.
In addition, the following bugs have been discovered and addressed since
the previous release:
- Fixed circular dependency in GFS fsck.
- gulm_tool prints resources/services registered with lock_gulmd.
- init.d/lock_gulmd will not start if quorum is not established after a
- init.d/lock_gulmd will not stop if GFS is mounted.
- pool init.d scripts no longer hang on startup until console input is
- pool_assemble now contains the override option (-O).
- Support for perl-Crypt-SSLeay added to fence_ilo.
- Support added for configurable SSL port locations in fence_ilo.
- Added default /etc/sysconfig/gfs file describing GFS startup variables.
Users are advised to upgrade to these latest GFS packages, which are
updated for use with the 2.4.21-20.0.1.EL kernel.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 3 i386
- BZ - 135730 - init.d/lock_gulmd should not stop if GFS is mounted
- BZ - 135732 - init.d/lock_gulmd should fail to start if quorum is not established after a specified time
- BZ - 136220 - would be useful for gulm_tool to print resources/services registered with lock_gulmd
- BZ - 137035 - add support for configurable ssl port locations to fence_ilo
- BZ - 137037 - Add support for perl-Crypt-SSLeay package to fence_ilo
- BZ - 137256 - unresolvable (cyclical) error in gfs-fsck
- BZ - 137381 - pool_assemble is missing the override option (-O)
- BZ - 137382 - pool init.d scripts can hang on startup until console input is provided
- BZ - 141628 - Add default /etc/sysconfig/gfs to describe GFS startup variables.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Resilient Storage for x86_64 3