RHBA-2004:593 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated at package
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated "at" package that fixes various bugs is now available.
The "at" and batch commands read from standard input or from a specified
file. The "at" command allows you to specify that a command will be run at
a particular time. The batch command will execute commands when the system
load levels drop to a particular level. Both commands use /bin/sh.
This package should be installed if a utility for time-oriented job control
is needed. If the job is recurring, which will need to be repeated at the
same time every day or week, the crontab utility should be used instead.
These updated packages address the following issues:
- The wrong shell environment was using the "at" command.
- The batch command ignores $SHELL and user's login shell, always used
- C shells cannot be used in "at" jobs.
- The "at" job fails unless an sh compatible shell is the user's default,
such as csh or tcsh.
- The "at" command generated bad tcsh scripts.
- Added Solaris style time option (-t) to "at".
- Fixed usage information to match man page. The "at" man page now
displays the same usage information as the command: "at -h".
- The times are now displayed correctly in the "at" man page.
- The "at" command is now a -PIE executable.
Users of "at" should upgrade to this updated package, which resolves
Before applying this update, make sure that all previously-released
errata relevant to your system have been applied. Use Red Hat
Network to download and update your packages. To launch the Red Hat
Update Agent, use the following command:
For information on how to install packages manually, refer to the
following Web page for the System Administration or Customization
guide specific to your system:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 91233 - RHL9: batch command ignores $SHELL and user's login shell, always using /bin/sh
- BZ - 97697 - atrun man page typo
- BZ - 108415 - Make atd a PIE
- BZ - 109587 - at generates bad tcsh scripts
- BZ - 112303 - man at: Times displayed...
- BZ - 112430 - RHEL3: at fails unless sh compatible shell is users default (eg csh/tcsh)
- BZ - 113360 - RHEL2.1: C shells can't be used in "at" jobs
- BZ - 125634 - usage information does not match man page
- BZ - 126889 - please add solaris style time option (-t) to at
- BZ - 131510 - [RHEL3][PATCH] wrong shell environment using at command
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3