RHBA-2004:263 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated nfs-utils package
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated nfs-utils package that fixes various bugs is now available.
The nfs-utils package provides a daemon for the kernel NFS server and
related tools, providing a much higher level of performance than the
traditional Linux NFS server used by most users.
This package also contains the showmount program. Showmount queries the
mount daemon on a remote host for information about the NFS (Network File
System) server on the remote host.
This updated package includes the following bug fixes:
- The nfslock init script did not accurately report unsuccessful
start-up of the authd daemon, and reported spurious errors when
networking is disabled
- A typo was corrected in an error message
- A spurious warning from the exportfs command was suppressed
- The NFS service was not being correctly configured across package
All users of nfs-utils should upgrade to this updated package, which
resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
If up2date fails to connect to Red Hat Network due to SSL
Certificate Errors, you need to install a version of the
up2date client with an updated certificate. The latest version of
up2date is available from the Red Hat FTP site and may also be
downloaded directly from the RHN website:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 x86_64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3 s390
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3 ppc
- BZ - 79981 - nfslock init always OK for statd even when that is not the case.
- BZ - 100755 - log message typo: "DNS forward lookup does't match with reverse"
- BZ - 114545 - [PATCH] /etc/init.d/nfslock minor problem regarding unset NETWORKING
- BZ - 114710 - exportfs is overly chatty
- BZ - 124449 - problems updating nfs-utils
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Desktop 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for IBM z Systems 3
Red Hat Enterprise Linux for Power, big endian 3