RHBA-2003:164 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated net-tools package fixes netstat -c output
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated net-tools package that fixes netstat -c output is now available.
The net-tools package contains basic networking tools, including
ifconfig, netstat, route, and others.
The -c option to netstat is used to display network-related information
once every second, printing a header at regular intervals for enhanced
readability. However, a bug in the -c option caused netstat to
continuously output the header instead of the network-related information.
This updated package also fixes several other bugs in netstat and other
Users of the netstat program are advised to update to this errata package,
which resolves these issues.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 i386
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 i386
- BZ - 64862 - RHEL 2.1/IPF/QU3: -c option to netstat(1) repeatedly prints headings (not I/F stats)
- BZ - 73750 - netstat -ic is not correct.
- BZ - 83728 - netstat -inc displays header information repeatedly
- BZ - 85748 - nameif segfaults if run twice
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2