RHBA-2002:267 - Bug Fix Advisory
Updated redhat-config-network package available
Bug Fix Advisory
An updated redhat-config-network package which fixes many bugs is now
available for Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1.
redhat-config-network is the network configuration tool for Red Hat Linux.
It supports the configuration of Ethernet, TokenRing, ADSL, ISDN
and PPP network connections.
Many bugs have been fixed in this updated package, including a bug where,
after upgrading the kernel, the "Add" button, as well as the "Internet
Configuration Wizard" no longer worked properly.
Before applying this update, make sure all previously released errata
relevant to your system have been applied.
To update all RPMs for your particular architecture, run:
rpm -Fvh [filenames]
where [filenames] is a list of the RPMs you wish to upgrade. Only those
RPMs which are currently installed will be updated. Those RPMs which are
not installed but included in the list will not be updated. Note that you
can also use wildcards (*.rpm) if your current directory *only* contains the
Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. Many
people find this an easier way to apply updates. To use Red Hat Network,
launch the Red Hat Update Agent with the following command:
This will start an interactive process that will result in the appropriate
RPMs being upgraded on your system.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2 ia64
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2 ia64
- BZ - 50327 - TB Conf.py:237:insertlinelist
- BZ - 59017 - TB Conf:936:__setitem__
- BZ - 64512 - TB neat-tui:110:setState
- BZ - 65073 - TB NCHardwareList:288:save KeyError: options
- BZ - 65185 - TB Conf.py:258:read Conf.FileMissing: /etc/wvdial.conf does not exist.
- BZ - 65193 - TB Conf:507:initvars IndexError: list index out of range / nameservers
- BZ - 65471 - single quotes in provider name are not escaped correctly
- BZ - 66200 - overwrite /etc/resolv.conf no matter what.
- BZ - 67269 - TB Conf:445:initvars Malformed /etc/hosts file
- BZ - 70792 - TB NCDialup:258:load ValueError: int() literal too large: 03520630451
- BZ - 74305 - The Aliases value is not populated correctly when neat is used to specify a new entry into the hosts file.
- BZ - 74388 - xDSL timeouts insure frequent disconnects
- BZ - 74979 - TB neat:770:on_dnsEditButton_clicked
- BZ - 75381 - TB ethernethardware:140:setup KeyError: description
- BZ - 76226 - TB ethernethardware:135:setup
- BZ - 76446 - TB EthernetHardwareDruid:118:setup
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 2
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 2