7.2. Configure Bonding Using the Text User Interface, nmtui
~]$The text user interface appears. Any invalid command prints a usage message.
- From the starting menu, select Edit a connection. Select Add, the New Connection screen opens.
Figure 7.1. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Add a Bond Connection menu
- Select Bond and then Create; the Edit connection screen for the bond will open.
Figure 7.2. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Configuring a Bond Connection menu
- At this point slave interfaces will need to be added to the bond; to add these select Add, the New Connection screen opens. Once the type of Connection has been chosen select the Create button.
Figure 7.3. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Configuring a New Bond Slave Connection menu
- The slave's Edit Connection display appears; enter the required slave's device name or MAC address in the Device section. If required, enter a clone MAC address to be used as the bond's MAC address by selecting Show to the right of the Ethernet label. Select the OK button to save the slave.
NoteIf the device is specified without a MAC address the Device section will be automatically populated once the Edit Connection window is reloaded, but only if it successfully finds the device.
Figure 7.4. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Configuring a Bond Slave Connection menu
- The name of the bond slave appears in the Slaves section. Repeat the above steps to add further slave connections.
- Review and confirm the settings before selecting the OK button.
Figure 7.5. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Completed Bond