Chapter 9. Configure Network Bridging
9.1. Configure Bridging Using the Text User Interface, nmtui
~]$The text user interface appears. Any invalid command prints a usage message.
- From the starting menu, select Edit a connection. Select Add, the New Connection screen opens.
Figure 9.1. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Add a Bridge Connection menu
- Select Bridge, the Edit connection screen opens.
- To add port interfaces to the bridge select Add, the New Connection screen opens. Once the type of Connection has been chosen select the Create button to cause the bridge's Edit Connection display to appear.
Figure 9.2. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Adding a new Bridge
- Enter the required port's device name or MAC address in the Device section. If required, enter a clone MAC address to be used as the bridge's MAC address by selecting Show to the right of the Ethernet label. Select the OK button.
NoteIf the device is specified without a MAC address the Device section will be automatically populated once the Edit Connection window is reloaded, but only if it successfully finds the device.
Figure 9.3. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Configuring a Bridge
- The name of the bridge port appears in the Slaves section. Repeat the above steps to add further port connections.
- Review and confirm the settings before selecting the OK button.
Figure 9.4. The NetworkManager Text User Interface Configuring a Bridge menu