rhel7 flash plugin for firefox

Latest response

I have checked the supp repo for flash for Firefox. All I ever see is the flash plug-in for totem. Am I missing something or is it not there?

These are what I have activated:

Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, subscription-manager
repo id repo name status
epel/x86_64 Extra Packages 4,325
rhel-7-workstation-optional-rpms/7Workstation/x86_64 Red Hat Enterpr 3,951
rhel-7-workstation-rpms/7Workstation/x86_64 Red Hat Enterpr 4,744
rhel-7-workstation-supplementary-rpms/7Workstation/x86_64 Red Hat Enterpr 20
repolist: 13,040

Also hoping to play MP4 video and MP3 audio.

Responses

Hi Alex Alexzander,
Although this does not exactly answer the question you asked, I do have a response. I have had better luck using the Adobe flash-plugin (and then you will need to do a global exclude so that yum will avoid the conflict between rhel channel with Adobe for the plugin

rpm -ivh http://linuxdownload.adobe.com/adobe-release/adobe-release-x86_64-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-adobe-linux
yum -y install flash-plugin

As for MP3, etc... EPEL and RPMfusion are not updated for EL7 yet. EPEL has a beta for EL 7 still - which may provide the support you need. (I have not attempted to play mp3 content on a RHEL 7 host yet).

Thanks!

So the global exclude... Can I just append the /etc/yum.conf like so?

echo "exclude=flash-plugin.x86_64" >> /etc/yum.conf

This is what I have for notes

[jradtke@apoc ~]$ cat /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3

exclude=flash-plugin*  

Keep in mind.. I have tested this.... once ;-) But, I was pretty comfortable that it was a valid method of making the flash-plugin work.

If this does work for your RHEL 7 workstation, please let us know in case someone else searches on the same topic.

Oh it works. I did it yesterday as you suggested. Works fine. I have not yet appended the yum.conf but I'll do that next.

Thanks!

Actually - after I just thought about it again - you likely won't need to do an exclude (yet). You only need to do that when there is a package in 2 different repos that may conflict. So, if they ever add flash-plugin to another channel, you may end up with an issue. (I can't recall which RHEL channel it was even in - supplementary maybe?)

Well, I have lot's of RHEL boxes. I can check to see if it is in supp repo on 6.5. I don't see it on 7. Actually, I never knew it was even in any supp. I've always got it from RPMForge myself.

I just checked my satellite and the flash-plugin package is in supplementary for rhel 5 and 6.

flash-plugin-11.2.202.378-1.el6.i686    RHEL Server Supplementary (v. 6 64-bit x86_64) 

I have not used RPMforge much (more of a RPMfusion guy myself ;-)

hi , oracle enterprise manager GUI not opening from firefox from inside of my RHEL 7.2 VM please help . Its opening as blank

Thanks James! I installed it in rhel 7

Installed: flash-plugin.x86_64 0:31.0.0.108-release

Complete!

Thanks, I have it installed on a RHEL 7 Installed: flash-plugin.x86_64 0:31.0.0.108-release No Problems!

Thanks for the info

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.