Externalization of various properties settings in JBoss A-MQ 6.0

Latest response

Hi,
I need to run multiple instances of JBoss A-MQ 6.0 on a given server and noticed that we need to edit number of files to change ports/users etc. Given it is a manual process so its prone to error. Is there any standard way to externalize various properties settings in JBoss A-MQ 6.0?

Maybe using fabric would be a real good thing to do but we have an old legacy N/W of brokers (multiple Apache ActiveMQ instances running on different servers and connected via N/W connectors using simple authentication and authorization) and these details are provided by client in a single property file. Need to see if we can use JBoss A-MQ 6.0. This property file contains all ports (TCP/HTTP/JMX/RMI), user credentials, N/W bridge details, queue/topic details etc. Client is not willing to move from this approach and want everything in one file which their support team can manage/maintain in production as needed.

Currently this property file is imported in activemq.xml using a bean like this and we can use these property in activemq.xml file.

If there is any way to configure similarly in JBoss A-MQ 6.0 also?

This will help us immediately and later we can explore on Fabric option.

Thanks
Shiv

Responses

I am moving this case to Red Hat Technical Forum. Will update the details as I hear from them.

Thanks
Shiv

Hi Shiv. I see you've opened a support case for this issue. Please follow up here when you receive a solution through that channel, as it may help other users who encounter the same problem.

Hi all,
It is not possible to externalize all the settings as they are scattered through various files and many of them are governed by OSGi Admin service. Though we can define our custom properties in a single file and refer to that in activemq.xml and try to externalize them.

Currently this property file is imported in activemq.xml using a bean like this and we can use these property in activemq.xml file.