Which version of RHCOS image do I need to use when I install OpenShift Container Platform version 4.9.28?

Latest response

i need to perform an installation of OpenShift Container Platform specific version 4.9.28 on a VMware vCenter infrastructure (User Provisioned Installation) I downloaded the relative installer and client version.

At the following URL I can find only versions 4.9.0 and 4.9.40 for RHCOS OVA image for VMware.

On the official documentation (https://docs.openshift.com/container-platform/4.9/installing/installing_vsphere/installing-vsphere.html#installation-vsphere-machines_installing-vsphere), there is the following note:

"Obtain the RHCOS OVA image. Images are available from the RHCOS image mirror page.
The RHCOS images might not change with every release of OpenShift Container Platform. You must download an image with the highest version that is less than or equal to the OpenShift Container Platform version that you install. Use the image version that matches your OpenShift Container Platform version if it is available."

My question is: which RHCOS version do I need to use? 4.9.0 or 4.9.40?

Responses