DummyNet on Red Hat?

Latest response

I am considering DummyNet to generate network failures for testing. My goal is to develop a script to respond to clustering interruptions of MariaDB Galera, and my development environment currently consists of two Red Hat virtual machines running the cluster members.

However, DummyNet seems native to FreeBSD, and I have not yet found a very good document about its installation on RHEL. So instead, I saw some articles mentioning compiling DummyNet on RedHat.

So, I am wondering about the following potentials:
- Installation, so do we have an RPM repo for it?
- Compile DummyNet, which is the hard way to go. Moreover, I didn't find a clear indication of where the official source code repository is, so compiling source code may still be a security risk.
- Build a virtualized network and direct traffic through a VM of FreeBSD. In this way, I am unfamiliar with networking, so that I will need some pointers on the network structure, e.g. router, subnet, gateway, etc. Also, I am not sure whether this direction is overly complicated.
- Do we have an equivalent counterpart in the Red Hat ecosystem similar to DummyNet?
- Or, some other way, please remind me.

Please let me know if you need more details, and I will highly appreciate any hints or suggestions.

Responses