Meet GSS Red Hatter of the Week Gabriel Rocha!

Latest response

We are very excited to introduce this week's GSS Red Hatter Gabriel Rocha! Learn more about Gabriel in his own words below and stayed tuned throughout this week for more from Gabriel!

"Hello, my name is Gabriel Rocha. I was born in Brazil, grew up in New Hampshire and have lived in Switzerland and now Singapore since leaving home. I got involved with some network security folks in the mid-late 90s and have been working with Linux/networking ever since. I started in Silicon Valley before moving to Geneva, Switzerland to work at the United Nations. While there I worked at the United National Environment Program for 8 years, going to post-conflict countries such as Afghanistan and Sudan to set up IT systems. After moving to Singapore for my wife to pursue her PhD here, I joined Red Hat in early 2011 as a Technical Account Manager (TAM) focusing on large Financial Services Industry customers. The work involves providing custom support and coordinating fixes for problems for these customers. Within Red Hat, a TAM acts as a customer advocate, while at the same time being the face (and often the voice) of Red Hat to the customer, this creates some very interesting challenges as we juggle both roles. This is a demanding and extremely rewarding role which brings new adventures every day for us to explore. The job itself is rewarding, but there is a great joy that comes from doing meaningful work amongst others doing likewise in a healthy and enjoyable environment. Outside of work, I enjoy spending time with my wife and baby son, practicing Aikido, scuba diving and playing computer games."

Responses