Gauging Interest: RHEV Domain ISO manager

Latest response

I am wondering if other people are interested in having a more robust and feature-rich interface for managing ISOs in RHEV.

I hate to sound critical but the dependency on the ISO domain makes me uncomfortable, as issues with ISO domain can cause much larger issues in the environment.

My current "issue" is that I would like to remove an existing ISO image.  It's not really an issue, I suppose.  Regardless, the procedure I have discovered is to simply go to the ISO directory and delete the image.  And I have to admit, I am very afraid of doing this.  So, afraid that I have looked for numerous references to the same process to confirm it actually works and won't corrupt some sort of RHEV table, etc...

It also makes me curious that if you can simply remove an ISO and RHEV dynamically recognizes the absence, why can't we simply copy the ISO into the directory and expect the same (but opposite) behavior?

So - I am wondering if others share my interest in an enhancement.  And if so, I will submit and RFE.

Also - I have not used oVirt - but I am wondering if ISO management is the same with oVirt - or if this is a RHEV thing.

Thanks!

Responses