Redis Enterprise Operator install problem

Latest response

I get an error when I want to install redis on openshift cluster. I get an error both in the installation via operators and in the installation with the redis helm chart. There are some changes I made below, but I still keep getting the error. How can I get a solution for this.

oc adm policy add-scc-to-user redis-enterprise-scc system:serviceaccount:my-project:redis-enterprise-operator

oc adm policy add-scc-to-user redis-enterprise-scc system:serviceaccount:my-project:

operators logs
installing: waiting for deployment redis-enterprise-operator to become ready: deployment "redis-enterprise-operator" not available: Deployment does not have minimum availability.

replicaset
Error creating: pods "redis-enterprise-operator-78d9bf7668-" is forbidden: unable to validate against any security context constraint: [provider "anyuid": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount, spec.containers[0].securityContext.runAsUser: Invalid value: 1001: must be in the ranges: [1000640000, 1000649999], provider "nonroot": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount, provider "hostmount-anyuid": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount, provider "machine-api-termination-handler": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount, provider "hostnetwork": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount, provider "hostaccess": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount, provider "privileged": Forbidden: not usable by user or serviceaccount]

Responses

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. Has anyone got a fix or workaround this?

thank you

Looks like this problem is resolved with operator version: 6.2.10-34.

I have having same issue in Openshift 4.9 with 6.2.10-45 and 6.2.12-1 (production).

Any known workaround for this?

1. Step Make the following changes in the openshift cluster
oc edit scc anyuid

36 requiredDropCapabilities: 37 - MKNOD 38 - SYS_CHROOT 39 runAsUser: 40 type: RunAsAny 41 seLinuxContext: 42 type: RunAsAny 43 supplementalGroups: 44 type: RunAsAny

2.Step Make the following changes in the openshift cluster

oc adm policy add-scc-to-user anyuid -z redis

3.Step Use the helm package bitnami created and change the values ​​in values.yaml to 1000.

fsGroup: 1000 runAsUser: 1000

Redis Helm Package : https://github.com/bitnami/charts/tree/master/bitnami/redis

Ended up finding the proper solution here from Redis. Need to install the SSC before installing the cluster. Details outlined here under "Preparing the Cluster" section:

https://docs.redis.com/latest/kubernetes/deployment/openshift/openshift-operatorhub/#preparing-the-cluster