How to subscribe for "Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals" for multiple generic/rhel8 VBox ?

Latest response

Hello,
after having registered a "generic/rhel8" virtual box under vagrant, and subscribed it by "attach --auto", I need to set up another one, in agreement with the developer account.
If I want to attach a subscription explicitly (i.e. --pool ) to the latter machine, for the "Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals" should I use the same pool_ID of the former's subscription?

In facts, I also have a "Red Hat Beta Access " subscription, which I do not actually use,
and when I look for a suitable pool_ID from the above new "generic/rhel8"-based vagrant machine, by doing:

"% subscription-manager list --available"

, I always get the subscription for "Red Hat Beta Access " while I think I need a subscription for "Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals".

I tried to attach the second "generic/rhel8"-based vagrant machine the same pool_ID of the first and it seems to work.

However I would ask you if there is a more proper manner to obtain and attach a new "Red Hat Developer Subscription for Individuals" to the new machine.

Thanks

Responses

Hi Paolo,

Yes, you can (or have to) attach the same developer subscription Pool ID to all (up to 16) systems, Beta is for beta systems.
An easier way would be to just enable Simple Content Access, which makes manually attaching the subscription obsolete. :)

Regards,
Christian

Thank you very much, this solves my problems!

You're welcome, Paolo ! I'm glad that the information I've provided was useful for you. :)

Regards,
Christian