Google Chrome on RHEL 7 beta

Latest response

Has anyone tried installing Google Chrome?

Responses

Hi Jonathan,

yum localinstall -y https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/google-chrome-stable_current_x86_64.rpm

worked as expected for me;

[root@vm-165 ~]# uname -a ; google-chrome --version
Linux vm-165.gsslab.fab.redhat.com 3.10.0-54.0.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Nov 26 16:51:22 EST 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Google Chrome 31.0.1650.63

Flash based sites including video streaming work, but I have not tested sound yet. That said, I see google-chrome trying to connect to Pulse on my VM, but it is configured as a server with no sound adaptor right now (I will test again when I start looking at the desktop bits more closely)

Best regards,
Mark

Yes, I also got it to work but it required updating/installing 85+ dependent packages from the RHEL 7 Public Beta repository. Another reason to register/subscribe your system if you don't have a local repo of the RHEL 7 Public Beta content.

Awesome, thank you very much and streaming Pandora through chrome works. It wont work with Firefox even after you install the flash plug-in.

I got chrome crromium driver opera to just need fix it ont redhat trouble whit ubuntu but database complet of chrome chromium and opera ô chrome entreprise driver realy important

Dont worry about firefox got New driver j.son for update lol