Missing RPMs in RHEL7 subscription?

Latest response

Working on a client site and they have a RHEL subscription. I'm deploying a cluster on RHEL 7.9 and in the prerequisites are the following repositories :

• rhel-rs-for-rhel-7-server-rpms
  • rhel-ha-for-rhel-7-server-rpms

But trying to enable them returns:

Error: 'rhel-ha-for-rhel-7-server-rpms' does not match a valid repository ID. Use "subscription-manager repos --list" to see valid repositories.

And checking the list, it is missing the HighAvailability and ResilientStorage repos. Have these been deprecated in 7.9 or perhaps renamed something else?

They are available on RHEL 8 with a different naming structure:
- rhel-8-for-x86_64-highavailability-rpms

Responses

Hi Erik,

It depends on the specific "type of" subscription you have ... I recommend to contact your sales representative for clarification. :)

Regards,
Christian

The strange part is that they are available on the RHEL8 installations using the same subscription...

Hi Erik,

I know ... but : Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server are different products.
The first one is for RHEL 8 and the second for RHEL 7 (and below) - you may need an additional add-on sub. :)

Regards,
Christian

Hi Erik,

For HA the client needs an add-on subscription, so please verify if this subscription is available and attached to the cluster nodes.

As Christian already mentioned, you may have to contact your/your clients sales representative.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit

Yup - finally got access to their subscription account and they need to buy some more licences for the Resilient Storage under RHEL Server.

The subtlety of Red Hat Enterprise Linux for x86_64 vs Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server was one I hadn't yet run into.

Hi Erik,

In general you will find RHEL 8 has more products bundled into the OS subscription than older RHEL releases.

Regards,

Jan Gerrit Kootstra