Redhat Satellite server command to list packages

Latest response

hi all , Can any one suggest commands to run on Redhat 8.0 to check which Packages are avilable on Satellite server , Specially i am looking for 8.1 packages.

Thanks In Advance

Responses

Hello Ameriprise Unix Unix,

If you wish to list out available packages on RHEL8 specific to your client system (assuming this client system is connected with Satellite server), the command "dnf list available" OR "dnf list --available" should show all available packages in all enabled repositories. Similarly, the command "dnf list installed" OR "dnf list --installed" would show the installed packages on your system. You could also run the command "dnf check-update" OR "dnf list --updates" to see the available updates for your system. If you are planning to install only security patches then the command "dnf upgrade-minimal" should help you.

Is that what you are looking for? or something else? If not then please elaborate.

Hi, i think you can achieve what you are trying to do by using the Web UI and going to Content -> Packages . After that you can just search for el8 for example. I am sure there is a Hammer command too, which i don't know atm unfortunately. Hope i could help.