Multipath status failed on server after reboot storage

Latest response

Hi all i have an issue and some question for you guys related multipath things, hopefully you guys can answer my question.

I have an environment server with 2 node, that server have a multipath on it we are going to test reboot storage machine, condition normal our multipath like this :

mpathn (36d039ea00000b29a0000011c5d6422c5) dm-14 LENOVO ,DE_Series
size=100G features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw -+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=active |- 16:0:5:1 sdaa 65:160 active ready running- 18:0:4:1 sdbb 67:80 active ready running

After we're reboot storage the multipath on server doesn't recognize, the status is 'failed ready running' the condition after reboot like this:

mpathn (36d039ea00000b29a0000011c5d6422c5) dm-14 LENOVO ,DE_Series
size=100G features='0' hwhandler='0' wp=rw -+- policy='round-robin 0' prio=1 status=enabled |- 16:0:4:1 sdba 67:64 failed ready running- 18:0:4:1 sdaa 65:160 failed ready running

for bring the multipath back online to the state active i should remove,rescan and reload multipath but sometimes we have to reboot the server also, if the remove,scan & reload doesn't work

SO my questuion is : 1. While storage reboot does the multipath automaticly active by itself ? or we still have to recover manually ?

Regards,
Irfan

Responses

Hi Irfan,

As far as my knowledge goes the underlying storage links/status should get detected automatically by the multipathd daemon. There is no necessity to reload/restart the service but sometimes yes. Simply check if multipathd is enabled and active. Btw, what is the redhat release version being used? Also, post your multipath.conf file details here and make sure to properly indent as given in the help section https://access.redhat.com/help/markdown

All the best!

Hi Sadashiva,

Thank you for your response, is there any official document stated regarding your statement, because i want to make sure to our partner there's something wrong at our environment and need to fix it.

Regards. Irfan

Irfan, I'm not sure if there is perfect matching document that upholds the statement as per your requirement. Simply, look at the default function of the the "multipathd" daemon at this link and it should help.