Power > Power Saving > Blank screen

Latest response

When blank screen timeout is reached screens never go into power saving mode and my multi screen application vmware workstation switches to one screen.

I have installed amd gpu pro driver and am using wayland

Responses

What's in the logs?

Randy or anyone who is near a RHEL 8 system (I'm away from any RHEL 8 systems). Would someone run this command and see if these exist within systemctl on a RHEL 8 system with wayland running as Randy has above:

Checking the logs as Stephen Sadowski mentioned is of course a good idea as well.

for i in $(systemctl | egrep "suspend|hibernate|sleep" | awk  '{print $1}') ;do echo "found $i in systemctl"; systemctl is-active $i;done
  • Note, I have not fully vetted the above command
  • The intent of the command above is to hunt for things in systemctl related to sleep, hibernation or suspend and see if they are active or not.
  • If any of these things related to hibernate,sleep or suspend exist in systemctl, we can research then consider disabling or masking them after doing some research.

ADDED see this link, RHEL 8 desktop environment, this is a single html of the entire document (it may take time to load) but once it loads You can do a "ctrl-f" search of the page for key terms such as "sleep", "hibernate", and "suspend" (suspend is on the left menu tree) and there's some gnome options in the document that might relate to this issue (maybe)

Regards,
RJ

for i in $(systemctl | egrep "suspend|hibernate|sleep" | awk '{print $1}') ;do echo "found $i in systemctl"; systemctl is-active $i;done found system-systemd\x2dhibernate\x2dresume.slice in systemctl active

Edits made to previous post, recommend refreshing the page.

for a more chronological order of posts

for i in $(systemctl | egrep "suspend|hibernate|sleep" | awk '{print $1}') ;do echo "found $i in systemctl"; systemctl is-active $i;done found system-systemd\x2dhibernate\x2dresume.slice in systemctl active