Kickstart: PXE Boot to Satellite Proxy

Latest response

I am working on my Satellite proxy and trying to set things up so that I can PXE boot to my proxy and get the same list of Kickstart profiles that I would when I PXE boot to my Satellite server. On my Satellite, I have a /tftpboot directory that has all the information regarding what Kickstart profiles are available.

My question is, what is the easiest way to set up my Satellite and my Proxy so that I get the same Kickstart profiles available regardless of which server I PXE boot to?

I know that there are two ways that I can think of, but I am mainly wondering if there is a function of Satellite Proxy that can do this by design.

One way is to simply mount the file system so that this directory is available to both servers. Another is to create and schedule some sort of synchronization script that copies the files from Satellite over to the Proxy.

But both of those options seem like they'd be somewhat ad-hoc and I get the feeling that there's some sort of built-in functionality with Proxy server that would handle this sort of thing instead of me having to invent something.

Any ideas on this?

Responses