Problems with power management option

Latest response

Hi there,

I new pretty new to RHEV and still learning. I came across this problem and so far I haven't been able to find a solution. I have three HP blade servers (running via HP c7000 blade chasis) on which I have installed Hypervisors. I created cluster, data center, added storage via RHEV Manager and it is all working pretty fine. I can migrate virtual machines from one host to another manually. VMs even migrate automatically is I put one host into a maintenance mode.

My problem is with high availability, or with enabling power management on my hosts. I try to enable it, type in an IP address, username, password and choose iLO as type. When I test it, I get "unable to connect/login to fencing device". I can access iLO directly, via internet explorer and I can ping that address, so I know it is working and I have the correct username and password. I tried using secure and without secure and different port numbers (22, 443...) but no luck. The fact that I get the same problem on all three hosts is telling me that I am doing something wrong somewhere, so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. Maybere there is something that needs to be configured on iLO interface? Or it has to do with the fact that these are blade servers? Any clues would be awesome!

thanks

Dino

Responses