Minimize or resize option in app window

Latest response

When ever I am opening an app in RHEL 8, I can't find any option to resize the app window or minimize it. can anyone help me with this. I can find option only to close the window (x: symbol). It is very hard for me to use RHEL 8 to use as regular desktop

Responses

Hi Sayed,

Press and hold the "Windows" key, then a navigation key. :)

To maximise an application window use the "up arrow" key.
To minimize an application window use the "down arrow" key.

To switch an app window to the left use the "left arrow" key.
To switch an app window to the right use the "right arrow" key.

Regards,
Christian

Those buttons are not available for RHEL 8 ? Above montioned mehod is working fine. I can also use my mouse to resize the window [drag and hit the upper portion to full screen and drag down to resize to smaller]. But we are havituated with those resize button right, that's why I am asking.

Hi Sayed,

To activate the window resize buttons, you can install gnome-tweaks.
Open Tweaks - go to the Window Titlebars tab and switch them on ... :)
Just for information : in RHEL 7 the package was gnome-tweak-tool.

Regards,
Christian

Thank you for helping me out. I always knew Linux (RHEL) is higly customisable. I will replace my OS to RHEL 8 after 2 month. Now I am testing in VM. I guess in two month EPEL will be released. I always love RHEL. I saw it on my college server after that I fal in love with it. I tried so many time in my laptop and faced so many problem still I love this OS

You're welcome, Sayed ! I'm glad I was able to assist and help you to achieve what you wanted.
RHEL 8 is a good choice - modern, and at the same time very stable and extremely secure. :)

Regards,
Christian