RHEL 7 server not seeing most current packages available on Satellite 5.7 / cant install errata

Latest response

Hello All,

I'm having numerous issues with my RHEL servers installing errata, bug fixes and software updates available from our Satellite server.
For example, according to satellite, I have a package I need to updated called systemd-sysv-219-57.el7_5.3.x86_64.rpm on one of my host.
When I try to push the update I get a failed response with "Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]".

When I go onto the server itself and run yum update systemd-sysv, i get response: This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
No packages marked for update

If I try to do yum install systemd-sysv, I get response: This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
Package systemd-sysv-219-57.el7_5.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

As you can see the current version is 5.1 but the Satellite server says I need to upgrade to 5.3 so I'm not really sure why they are not talking correctly. This is not happening for all packages/errata but its happening for quite a few.
Furthermore, when I run yum update I only see about 5 items that need to be updated but satellite tells me about 28+ items need to be updated. Not sure why there is a discrepancy.

Things I have tried:
checked /etc/yum.conf - to ensure nothing is excluded

checked yum repolist - to ensure the system is subscribed to the correct channels

Ensured rhn-client-tools and yum-rhn-plugin are at latest version

Deleted system from Satellite and re-registered it

Tried enabling and disabling /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/rhnplugin.conf

I tried - rhn-profile-sync.

Using command- rhn_check -vvv doesnt help very much as it says the same error but no details as to why.

yum clean all

Let me know wat you think

Responses