Error populating transaction, anaconda is retrying (x/10) {installation}

Latest response

This has a previous post which I have tried all recommended solutions to no level of success.

The last attempt I used the media check which resulted in a FAIL and "Refusing to continue".

I have downloaded the software three times now to the same result. Is there another image that can be downloaded?

Resepectfully,

Terry Brown

Attachments

Responses

That sounds that something has broken in your downloaded image file. I assume that you are trying to install RHEL7.x? If so, from where did you download this image files? Is this Red Hat site? If those images files that you've tried are from third party sites then you better login to Red Hat site and download required images. https://access.redhat.com/downloads/

I used the suggested image (see update word file) and it still does not pass the check.

Is there a way to get an actual DVD I have spent several hours using this method all to the same results.

If checksum once failed then it is failed. Your download is corrupted. You have to download again. Or you didn't make bootable ISO properly. First make sure downloaded ISO passed check sum. Then make sure you are using correct tool for making bootable USB.(https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/User_Guide/sect-User_Guide-Media-Making_bootable_USB_media.html). OR you can use Rufus to make bootable usb. If you are on Linux then please use dd command or disk image writer and restore that iso to that usb.

Ups!! I forget to tell. RHEL have a mechanism to check the integrity of that bootable usb {if bootabe usb didn't made using peroper format then it will yell at you :) [some destro like Ubuntu might accept that but RedHat will not]}. Reason is RedHat takes security very seriously. You will love it. If you stuck somewhere, community will help you out.

It looks that the system where you've downloaded the image is infected or damaged or corrupted by worm/virus, but I'm not sure, this is a guess, otherwise, it should pass media check without any issues. Otherwise, try downloading the image from another system and check if that helps.

My understanding is network issue might cause similar situation {Most probably is the case}. If someone downloading from some random site not from RedHat's official site then not good at all [not acceptable at any situation]

hi this is mits.unix team, while I am installing rhel 7.2 but we are getting error error populating transaction anaconda is retrying

Why you are using 7.2? if you want to use RHEL 7 then go for 7.7 {latest version}. This will solve your problem. Unlike Windows{I guess you are coming from Windows}, Linux gets faster and more stable after update. Or you can try RHEL 8 {I am loving it already}. Please download Binary DVD iso [full image]{e.g. Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.0 Binary DVD} [more than 4GB in size depending on version]

Hi. I'm in the process of setting up a simple VirtualBox homelab (single Windows 10 host) and hit this issue doing a PXE boot HTTP network install of RHEL 7.7 to a VM. I managed to troubleshoot and resolve the issue, which was not due to bad/corrupt media, so I'm posting this should others find it useful. I am using VirtualBox's built-in NAT DHCP server to PXE boot, and Microsoft IIS web server to HTTP serve the RHEL 7.7 installation tree/files (manually copied from the RHEL7.7 ISO). This is a bit unorthodox but it is for learning purposes and all procedures, outside of VirtualBox and IIS web server specific config requirements, are strictly following the Red Hat Installation Guide.

Red Hat article https://access.redhat.com/solutions/1231383 indicates two possible root causes, i.e. bad media/DVD/ISO, or HTTP server not supporting "HTTP RANGE"...however, in my case there was a third, i.e. Microsoft IIS web server defaults to deny HTTP requests containing double escape sequences (browser error below). This was easily fixed by enabling "Allow double escaping" in IIS Manager > Request Filtering settings.

HTTP Error 404.11 - Not Found The request filtering module is configured to deny a request that contains a double escape sequence.

Most likely causes: The request contained a double escape sequence and request filtering is configured on the Web server to deny double escape sequences.

Things you can try: Verify the configuration/system.webServer/security/requestFiltering@allowDoubleEscaping setting in the applicationhost.config or web.confg file.