Satellite 6.3 is out

Latest response

[Security Advisory] RHSA-2018:0336 Important: Satellite 6.3 security, bug fix, and enhancement update
https://access.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2018:0336?sc_cid=701600000006NHXAA2

Hopefully, the Satellite blog will post something with more info covering enhancements, features etc.
https://access.redhat.com/blogs/1169563

Responses

correction for my post here, it's available Upon arriving at the downloads area, use the drop down to select 6.3 (6.3-puppet4 is listed by default and is not available). sadly though the repo is not available yet from my public facing satellite. At least I can get the ISO file though.

see above/edited and ... no iso file available. I'm disappointed how when a new release of any new version of satellite, major or minor generally never has the ISO file available concurrently.

ISOs are available in Downloads Section. If you can't access them, please reach out to Support

edit see next reply, Rich was actually correct

Rich, when I typed that, the 6.3 ISO wasn't there, I updated the existing case from when they announced 6.2.14. This happened also with previous minor releases pretty consistently.

I checked it again just now, and it is still not there. I really did check it before I posted the above.

added/updated Case # 01920273 which was opened last year when d 6.2.11 Satellite which was released back on August 10th 2017 according to https://access.redhat.com/blogs/1169563/posts/3147771 - and I reopened the case when 6.2.14 was released with no corresponding ISO as well

Ok Rich you are right and why would I doubt you

CORRECTION (for me)

6.3 is available, but when you arrive at the downloads area, switch in the drop-down from 6.3-puppet4 to 6.3 only. Then the iso is available. Still awaiting the repo, but correction to my post below...

Unfortunately the 6.3 channels are not available from my public facing satellite either. I could have at least performed a reposync.

Hi Rich,

begin edit

Ok Rich you are right and why would I doubt you

CORRECTION (for me)

6.3 is available, but when you arrive at the downloads area, switch in the drop-down from 6.3-puppet4 to 6.3 only. Then the iso is available. Still awaiting the repo, but correction to my post below...

end edit

I installed a 6.2.14 Disconnected Satellite by doing a reposync of the satellite 6.2 channels for rhel7. I had to do the same for 6.2.12 (I think it was) when it came available because there was no ISO, and our TAM said that we could run the satellite install using the repo from a reposync of satellite channel and RHSC (in the absence of the ISO, and in response to our case). I have installed two disconnected satellites without the ISO this way, but I know that's not optimal, and Red Hat would prefer we use the ISO. It would just be nice to have the actual ISO (and channels) when it's announced that the new version of Satellite is announced as GA and there's no ISO and no channels to acquire from our public facing satellite server.

Regards

-RJ

I'm unable to see the "Red Hat Satellite Tools 6.3 for RHEL 7 Server RPMs x86_64" repository on my Satellite system, even after doing a Manifest refresh. This is one of the first steps of the 6.2.x -> 6.3 upgrade, to enable and sync the satellite-tools repositories for 6.3, per https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_satellite/6.3/html/upgrading_and_updating_red_hat_satellite/upgrading_red_hat_satellite#upgrading_a_connected_satellite_server.

Note: Red Hat is experiencing intermittent issues with content availability related to the Satellite 6.3 release. This issue is expected to be resolved within the next few hours. If you have difficulty accessing Satellite 6.3 repositories or ISO downloads, please open a support ticket.

updated/edited

It's there today. As Rich had said (somewhere) there was a slight delay, and once I refreshed my manifest today, I could see it in my repository list on my public facing satellite, select the 6.3 Satellite channels I wanted, and then they were visible.

resolved, see above I have a similar issue as Matt. On my public facing RH Satellite server, I can not see the RH Satellite 6.3 repo, or the one he mentions.

hammer repository list --organization 'primary_org' 

If I run | grep -i satellite at the end of this, it doesn't produce satellite 6.3 results of any sort yet.