Tiger VNC setup frustrations

Latest response

Our company is considering RHEL 7 virtualized for one of our solutions, and it's been a while since I've used Linux. But I can google and read and remember some of the basics, but can't for some reason I can't get TigerVNC to run on a fresh install of the OS. I am using the 30 day evaluation version and have it registered.

I've googled the crap out of every error message and finally gave up and started a fresh install of OS. I set Selinux to permissive and first step was to use the VNC configuration, link below, tool to build the install file, and still VNC fails to start after running it as root. I got prompted to supply the vnc password and all looked fine, but then nope...won't start again.
https://access.redhat.com/labs/vncconfig/

I keep getting the error message when I review the status of it, using systemctl status command;
Jan 24 15:57:59 servera systemd[1]: Starting Remote desktop service (VNC)...
Jan 24 15:57:59 servera systemd[1]: vncserver@:1.service: control process exited, code=exited status=127
Jan 24 15:57:59 servera systemd[1]: Failed to start Remote desktop service (VNC).
Jan 24 15:57:59 servera systemd[1]: Unit vncserver@:1.service entered failed state.
Jan 24 15:57:59 servera systemd[1]: vncserver@:1.service failed.

I've found a thousand different ways to setup VNC server online and tried several of them. I thought after doing a fresh OS install, and finding the VNC configurator I couldn't miss....dang it. Same place I was before frustrated.

Responses