Networking solution like in VMware Director (external IP)

Latest response

Network diagramHardware diagramHi.
In my department we use VMware Director to virtualization few groups of computers (5-10 virtual machines in each group). Each group of computers is a mapping of the physical group of computers that we normally use to implement our software at the client's. We use this virtual machines for deployment learning, test new releases of software etc. But this vCloud has old hardware and performance is pure.

I will have access to new hardware, 4x HPE ProLiant DL360 gen10 (2x Xeon Gold 6152, 512GB RAM, 2x 10GB/s for iSCSI, 8 x 1GB/s for communication), iSCSI HPE MSA 1050 SAN storage, 2 x HPE FlexNetwork stacked switches (redundant configuration)

I don’t have a lot of many for software but I have some Red Hat EL licenses so I think to use on this hardware Red Hat Virtualization 4.2. But don’t have much experience with this data center/cluster solution and I need some help/answer from someone experienced if I can to do something like this:
I need to run under this:

• 10-20 groups of virtual machines (5-10 VM in group) (lets name group of virtual machines as vApp, like in VMware),
  • Every vApp should have own network, separated from other vApps networks,
  • Because most of this vApps is mapping physical servers, a lot of them use the same network subnet addressing (in example 192.168.10.x, so I can have 10 vApps and in each of this vApp vm will use IP from 192.168.100.x pool),
  • This data center/cluster solution will be connected to lab network where connection to Internet is available,
  • Each vApp network should have access to lab network (and to Internet) and should be separated (so NAT should be used, best embedded in virtualization solution, not virtual appliance like pfSense vm), so from time to time I need direct access to Internet from vm in vApps,
  • I need access from lab network to some services on vm in vApps (RDP for Windows machines, SSH for Linux machines). In VMware Director we use function named “External IP” (for IP in vApp network some IP from lab network pool is assigned in vm configuration, this is kind of 1:1 NAT solution).

It is possible to create in Red Hat Virtualization 4.2 some network structure to get solution which meet all this above points ?

And I will have 8x 1GB/s network interfaces per server, I plan use 2 of them in bond/team as redundant solution for management network and I will have rest, 6 adapters per server for connection between vApps and lab network or to vm migration. Do you have any recommendation how to use them ?
Hardware diagramNetwork diagram

Attachments

Responses