Sat 6 displaying every host; Hosts --> All hosts

Latest response

I'm looking for a way to in the GUI display every host that is registered to the system so that I can select them to run remote execution.

In the view of Hosts --> All hosts, you are limited to only twenty hosts at a time to select. If you select the twenty listed on the first page, then go to the second to select the next twenty your first selection is removed and added with your new selection.

Another view I see is from Hosts --> Content Hosts, but there is no option in the Bulk Actions to run only a remote job.

Am I missing how to select all hosts or does this not exist? If not an addition to the GUI would be to add a drop down of "Display x items per page" would be extremely helpful and probably a necessity.

Responses

Remote Execution can use bookmarks (saved search queries) in lieu of a static list of hostnames. I prefer to use them for large numbers of hosts.

Hey Rich,

I'm confused on how you would be able to run one job on several bookmarks at the same time. For example, I may have a bookmark for all non-prd and prd systems, ones for rhel 6, rhel 7, etc. But, on the Job invocation screen you can only select one bookmark from the drop down.

You can:

make a bookmark that includes both

lifecycle.environment == DEV && lifecycle.environment == Prod (or similar). 

Or in the search box, use a query syntax similar to above, then select all, which should do it

Ok sounds good. I will give that a try. Thanks!

If you want to increase the number of hosts you see per page Administer -> Settings -> General Entries per page 100 Number of records shown per page in Satellite ^ Change this number this is how I have mine set.

Awesome answer. I have looking for that change as well but some how never bothered to look under the Admin settings lol. On a side note, is it possible to have the hypervisors not show under "Content Hosts"?

Bookmark search "name !~ virt-who" :) Well that's how all my hypervisors show up.. so ymmv

Thank you sir.

Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.