Installing elasticsearch

Latest response

I'm needing help installing a standalone instance of elasticsearch. I've found the openshift3/logging-elasticsearch image and have been trying to work with that but there has been some weirdness.

It doesn't seem to ship with an elasticsearch.yml config and so I've been trying to create one with all the properties manually set but I keep running into more and more problems that make it seem like I'm doing something wrong. Currently I'm getting errors about not having the searchguard keystore files and I haven't figured out how to generate those yet.

I did just find the "deployer" at https://github.com/openshift/origin-aggregated-logging/tree/master/deployer but that's deprecated in favor of the openshift-logging role which isn't completely built out yet as far as I can tell? And with both of those options it looks like it installs a several services when all I really want is elasticsearch.

I'm pretty new to openshift and all the ancillary services so any help or indications of what I'm doing wrong would be really appreciated!

Responses