RHEV 4.1 Hypervisor automated install

Posted on

Hi,

We had an almost fully automated install for RHEV 3.6 hypervisors based on the hypervisor iso image. During the pxe boot just had to pass the installer options and the host showed up in RHEV Manager and we just had to approve it.
I'm wondering if those install parameters like the manager address, manager admin/host root password, etc. are available for 4.1 image based install too?
I know it uses kickstart. Has anybody automated the install already? Haven't really found anything regarding this. I have to (re)build around 170 hosts so I have to figure out how to automate it :)

I think I can use foreman hooks in Satellite 6.2 to register the host automatically to the manager if the installer options are not available and run scripts to configure the network and power management via the api as we do it now.

I've also noticed that I can't join the image based hypervisors to an IDM domain because realmd is missing and I can't install sssd either. Cockpit guid says use the realm. http://cockpit-project.org/guide/latest/sso.html
Is there any option to use IDM users instead of root?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Responses