Looking for instructions on updating kernel in bootable DVD

Latest response

Hello all. I'm trying to update a kernel in the 7.3 bootable DVD which has a bug in it preventing me from using ipxe to perform kickstarts. Can anyone provide instructions (clear ones as the ones redhat has does not seem to work or I'm just not understanding them) how to do this successfully?

I copied the DVD image to the local filesystem, copied over the new kernel and initrd.img to the file system and recreated the ISO using the instructions provided by RH. But when the system is booted (virtual vmWare) from the ISO image it goes for a bit and then panics the kernel. It's hard to tell why as the vmWare console does not provide scrollback.

As a test I copied the DVD again to the file system and recreated the ISO from just the file system using RH's instructions. Same thing. So I'm not sure if it's just the burning of the iso or multiple issues going on.

If anyone can point to some good instructions I'd really appreciate it. I did try to use lorax (which RH uses) but their version does not have the no ssl validation option and when it tries to connect to CDN the SSL cert is not valid.

I just need to update the boot image so I can perform the kickstart install via HTTP.

Thanks

Responses