JBoss Data Virtualization 6.3 compatiblity with JBoss EAP 6.4 patches

Latest response

Hello,

Since JBoss Data Virtualization 6.3 patches now does not include JBoss EAP 6.4 patches, what is the compatibility of JBoss DV 6.3.4 patch with JBoss EAP 6.4.13

And, what is the proper sequence for the implementation of those patches?

Thanks,

Regards,
Yayan

Muhamad Kurnia's picture

Responses

Hello Yayan

Patching information is included in Chapter 12 of the Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Security Guide. It states that "Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization’s patch jars include the packages for all 6.3 versions up to the current version. This also enables a form of rollback, in that the package can be downgraded by re-installing the prior version. "

Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization runs on Red Hat JBoss EAP 6.4 and greater but it is a good idea to keep your EAP 6.4 release patched to the latest version to ensure you have the latest fixes and security patches.

Hi David,

Thanks for the info. Yes I was aware of the referenced docs. I was just curious of the compatibility of EAP patches (i.e. v6.4.10 - 6.4.13) released after DV 6.3.4 (which already include EAP 6.4.9).

Regards, Yayan

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.