RHEL7 error on bootup with systemd and udevd.service

Latest response

Have a test system VM of RHEL 7.2 and when starting it up in Virtual Box, notice that it is having the following errors when booting up:

systemd[1]:  systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart. 
systemd[1]:  Stop by pending for unit, delaying automatic restart.  

These error messagse loop over and over again.

If I reboot the VM, it will boot up without these errors and eventually go to the logon screen without issue.

Was wondering if anyone else had seen this and the reason behind it.

thanks

Christopher Miller's picture

Responses

Christopher, The message is harmless and no affect to system operation.

Nope, I also hit the same problem, only if I reboot the VM, the system can get restored , otherwise, it will hang there forever.

I saw the same problem, these two logs repeat over and over, the system can't boot and login. Need to reboot. After reboot, this issue is gone, but maybe a couple of times of reboot, it happened again.

Any hint to check what is going wrong?

log: [ 66.028087] systemd-journald[608]: Data hash table of /run/log/journal/8fb8c2c2b04443c2a9237a8b77d89278/system.journal has a fill level at 75.0 (174763 of 233016 items, 134217728 file size, 767 bytes per hash table item), suggesting rotation. [ 66.037359] systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart. [ 66.047356] systemd[1]: Stop job pending for unit, delaying automatic restart. [ 66.057356] systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart. [ 66.067392] systemd[1]: Stop job pending for unit, delaying automatic restart. [ 66.077391] systemd[1]: systemd-udevd.service has no holdoff time, scheduling restart. [ 66.087389] systemd[1]: Stop job pending for unit, delaying automatic restart.

It is strange, boot log reached 128MB and needed to rotate.

It seems something already wrong then journal problem happened.

By the way, there is no any the rest of journal log, ex: rotating....

Was this helpful?

We appreciate your feedback. Leave a comment if you would like to provide more detail.
It looks like we have some work to do. Leave a comment to let us know how we could improve.
Close

Welcome! Check out the Getting Started with Red Hat page for quick tours and guides for common tasks.